In this section, we will present to you different areas of Tenerife, where you may be interested in buying a property. We hope this short introduction will be helpful:
PUERTO DE LA CRUZ
LOS REALEJOS, LA ROMANTICA II
En esta zona pisos disfruten de las vistas más bellos del océano Atlántico por un precio relativamente pequeño. La Romantica II tiene una buena infrastructura: bares, minimarket, gimnasios, etc. se puede encontrar a pocos pasos. Para compras más grandes: la calle principal de Toscal-Longuera a donde se puede llegar en 2 minutos en coche. El centro de la ciudad de Puerto de la Cruz está a menos de 10 minutos en coche. En la zona hay 2 pequeños complejos con hermosas piscinas por un precio de entrada pequeño.
La Romantica II es una zona residencial tranquila. Hay muchos extranjeros (sobre todo alemanes) que viven aquí.
En el video a continuación puede echar un vistazo de este bonito lugar en Tenerife Norte. Los apartamentos en la zona son más economicos que en Puerto de la Cruz.
• Vistas espectaculares
• Clima muy suave (solo a unos 100 m de altidud sobre el mar)
• Área muy tranquila
• Cerca de la costa
• Pisos con precios baratos
• Caminos pendientes en área
• En temporada alta puede ser difícil encontrar una plaza de aparcamiento
• El acceso a algunos de los apartamentos es por escaleras
LA MATANZA, PUNTILLO DEL SOL
“Puntillo del Sol” means literally “the point of the sun”. This place is a quiet area of basically 2 streets. Part of it is high rise flats, where every flat has a balcony with stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the mountain el Teide. Complexes like Edificio Costa Rica, Edificio Punta Azul and Edificio Bajamas are especially beloved by expats (mostly from german speaking countries) but many locals live here as well. Some of the complexes have a community pool with amazing views. In the video below you can have a closer look at the properties. The apartments in the area are less expensive (cheaper) than in Puerto de la Cruz.
Beside the few high rises, the area also offers lovely villas and houses with pools, lush-green gardens and amazing views. The prices of houses in this area start above 200.000 EUR.
Nearby is a spectacular coastline with nice paths where you can enjoy amazing walks. There are also some public barbecue (grilling) places. The coastline is very rocky, you will not find sandy beaches in the area.
The area is not a tourist area. There are no hotels. Therefore short term rental permit can be obtained if the criteria are fulfilled.
· Amazing views
· Very mild climate (only about 200m above the ocean)
· On average more sunny
· Plenty of parking
· Easy access to/from the highway
· Very quiet and safe area
· Near the coast
· Affordable (cheap) prices on real estate compared to other areas on Tenerife
· Hardly any shops or restaurants within a walking distance (you need a car)
· The coastline directly below has no beaches and access by walking is difficult
ICOD DE LOS VINOS, THE CITY
Icod de los Vinos with over 20.000 residents was an important village whose history goes back to beginnings of XVI century. In this lively city on Tenerife North you can still find some very old buildings mixed with a recent architecture.
The city is known for the famous El Drago tree, but has much more to offer. It is a great place to live with many services (the city has two Mercadonas, Hiper Dino and plenty of other shops, pharmacies and services of many kinds), a local fresh market in Santo Domingo, hospital, gyms, municipal swimming pool, plenty of simple eateries and cafes.
Icod is authentic, with little mass tourism and low crime rate. If you buy a property in the area of Icod de los Vinos your neighbors would be kind Canarians and foreigners (of various nationalities) who have settled down in the area. Life here is simple and relatively quiet although Icod gives you all the advantages which a city has to offer.
Prices of homes in Icod de los Vinos are very reasonable. You can find small houses or fincas for less than 100.000 EUR. However, Icod also offers lovely villas with stunning views and lush-green gardens as well as small apartments directly on the beach (see San Marcos section). A variety of properties can be found in Icod.
Icod de los Vinos has some hotels but is not a heavy tourist area. Most of the tourist accommodations are so called “casas rurales” or small pensions / bed and breakfast. Most visitors in Icod are quiet trekking and walking groups. Short term rental permit can be obtained in most cases.
· On average very affordable prices to buy real estate in Icod
· Shops or restaurants within walking distance
· Lively and authentic Spanish area
· Near to the coast with a small beach (Playa San Marcos, description and video of the beach can be found below)
· Reasonably good connection thru new highway to/from the south (the ring is not completely finished yet)
· Year around green area, easy to maintain a garden
· Areas high in the mountains are cooler (some areas like Cueva del Viento lie even over 800m above the ocean level)
· Some areas have very narrow and steep roads
ICOD DE LOS VINOS, PLAYA SAN MARCOS
Playa San Marcos (San Marcos Beach) in Icod de los Vinos sits on a small lovely bay with a black sand beach on Tenerife North. There are some few restaurants, a bar and a pharmacy. There is a bus every hour from San Marcos to the city center of Icod de los Vinos.
The area of San Marcos gives you a variety of real estate choices. There are some high rises with apartments offering balconies with spectacural views of the Atlantic Ocean. Some of them have a community pool. There is also possibility of being a member of club nautico, which enables you access to a beautiful pool with views of el Teide, tennis courts and gym. In the area there are also some attached townhouses and villas with stunning gardens. Please search our website for available options in San Marcos.
The beach gets a little bit busier in the summer, especially on the weekends, when locals come to enjoy it. In the winter time it is calm, with few foreigners enjoying a swim in the ocean. The waters are not very rough in San Marcos.
· Directly on the beach
· On average affordable prices
· Restaurants and a bar within a walking distance
· Mild climate year around
· Spectacular views and first sea line properties available
· Plenty of parking possibilities
· Having a car is almost a must (the bus service is limited -it goes only once an hour and only until early evening)
· In winter the area gets very calm
Los Silos is a quiet town in the so called region of isla baja “low island”. This area is the flattest on Tenerife North. Here you will see many bikers and trekkers. Los Silos is also beloved by the fishermen, spending time catching fish from the picturesque rocks on the coast.
The town center has a lovely square with authentic Canarian scenery. There is Altesa supermarket in a nearby village and a small supermarket in the Sibora building for basic groceries.
In Los Silos we have a selection of well priced townhouses and apartments in the Sibora complex for sale. Sibora Parque complex has a well maintained pool and is in the first sea line. There are nearby tennis courts. Real estate in Los Silos usually has very affordable prices. Please contact us for what properties are available in Los Silos.
Among the visitors in Los Silos there are many fishermen, golfers, trekkers and walking groups. Many locals come here to spend a day on the weekend.
· Very mild and sunny climate all year long
· On average very affordable prices
· The best golf course on Tenerife North nearby
· Authentic canarian square area
· Near to the coast
· Not a very hilly area, great for walking and sports
· More than 30 minutes drive from/to the main highway
· Limited shops and restaurants
· You will probably need a car when you buy a property in Los Silos
Copyright © 2015 Agata's Real Estate